Tonight I was thinking about a very exciting event in my near future: graduation.
Okay. So I’m not graduating until next year. But still. The seniors are FREAKING OUT and crying and stuff, and it made me think.
How many more times am I going to do these things with my friends?
- Have “Free Dress Friday”
- Go and have Bubble Tea together and look at all the weird clothes at Target
- Have tennis practice [we make it fun!]
- Have seriously deep conversations at our tennis matches [ok, mostly just awkward things that happen at volunteering, but still. I’m gonna miss this.]
- Have “Tie Tuesday” [and have all my friends say “you look like Mr. fillintheblankteacher!” and have me say “omg I’m wearing a button down shirt, GET OVER IT.”]
- Spend the whole math class period taking IB practice tests [ok, I actually love these packets.]
- Hang out after school and do who-knows-what
- Hang out before handbells concerts
- Talk about how annoying the other grades are
- Squeal over LBD/TV shows
- Talk about tea
- Stress out about the latest English reading/test/essay coming up
It’s kind of scary. I mean, on one hand, I’m happy to graduate [so, so, happy], but on the other hand, I’m never going to see some of these people again [which is a good thing] [except at our reunions, but stop ruining this for me].
Sigh. My friends and I better keep in touch. Skype to the rescue!
Until next time, Em 🙂