I had my band concert today (yay!) and aside from procrastinating on my homework and freaking out about the fact that it’s 11.00 right now, not 10.00 because of Daylight Savings Time (Sigh. Why can’t we just have the “fall back” part and skip the “spring forward” part?! Oh wait, my mother just informed me that it’s next week. Phew), I encountered some very annoying situations.
Anyways… here is why I feel like punching someone right now:
1. My conductor told us our call time was 5.15, when it should’ve been 6.15. Yay.
2. I was hanging out with my friend during this two hour long par-tay before our concert, and we were admiring the spiffy band shoes that the people had at the high school where our concert was held. And then one of the moms that was chaperoning/helping out came over to us and told us to stop touching the shoes… seriously, we were just looking at what sizes peoples’s shoes were. The sizes were written on slips of tape on the cabinet. Not on the shoes. GO AWAY.
2. After being given a lecture, we decided to look at the music they had. Those little pieces of paper are so cool. It’s minuscule font, because apparently the marching band has plastic holders for their music close to their faces (how do they know where they’re going?!). Anyways, we were looking at all the cool songs they play, when the same mom said “you guys aren’t messing up their music, are you?” Uh, no. We were looking at the music that they were playing. We touched max 5 pieces of paper and did NOT take them off the shelf. akdjfdlk go away.
Ahh, okay, the music isn’t attached to their hats or anything… that’s what I thought…
3. Then I was showing my friends my car keys (I drove by myself, yay!) when THE SAME MOM asked me “whose keys are those?” like I had stolen somebody’s keys out of their bag. WHAT. THE. FUDGE. Aughhhh seriously?!
4. When I was driving home in the pitch black, this super slow car was in front of me. They were going max 40mph on a 45mph road, which was annoying. But that’s not the worst part. We came up to a bend in the road where a stop light was. There was even one of those little lights that shows you if it’s a green light or not before you turn the corner so you don’t run a red light or anything. I don’t know what this car was doing, but it LITERALLY stopped. In the middle of the road. On a 45mph road. What. The. Fudge. Everything in my car flew forward, and I seriously felt like flipping them off right then and there. Luckily the road split into two lanes and I got into the other lane, but *magically* the car sped up when I got into the other lane. So much for pulling up next to them and flipping them off.
Until next time, Em 🙂