That’s a lie… my birthday isn’t actually until Tuesday… but since I needed something to write about, I’ll just write about my birthday.
This year I’m making a glorious ice cream cake for my birthday
The original cake is a “banana split” ice cream cake, but since I don’t like pineapple, I’m making it with caramel topping instead. Let me break it down for you…
1. Oreo crust
2. Strawberry ice cream (homemade)
3. Strawberry topping (homemade, again)
4. Chocolate ice cream (homemade)
5. Hot fudge sauce (homemade, is there any other way?)
6. Vanilla ice cream (homemade, so excited)
7. Caramel sauce (homemade, there will be a bunch left… let’s just say I’m not sad about that)
8. Whipped cream (homemade)
ASDFJKL THIS IS GONNA BE SO DELICIOUS!!!
I’m using the general recipe from http://www.browneyedbaker.com/2012/07/12/banana-split-ice-cream-cake/, and also the strawberry ice cream and strawberry topping recipe from there.
I’m using the other ice cream and topping recipes from the book The Perfect Scoop (I just want to make EVERYTHING from this book… om nom nom)
Until next time, Em 🙂