A few days ago, my friend walked into school with a steaming Starbucks cup (love those cups, btw. I wish they had tumblers with the same designs as the cups. Sadly they only have mugs… and not very cute ones this year)… of course I had to ask what she was drinking. She replied, “a peppermint steamed milk”. To be honest, I’m kind of a tea girl. But hey, when I’m confronted with a delicious mug of flavored milk, I just have to drink it. Which is why I decided to make my own version of the delicious drink.
Peppermint Steamed Milk:
8 fl oz (1 cup) of hot milk
3 tbs of peppermint syrup
1. Heat up the milk, either in the microwave or on the stovetop.
2. Pour in 3 tbs of peppermint syrup and stir it up.
1 cup white granulated sugar
1 cup water
1/2 tsp peppermint extract
1. Put the sugar and water in a small saucepan and heat on low-medium heat until the sugar is dissolved.
2. Take off the stovetop and pour in the peppermint extract.
3. Let cool and then pour into a glass jar or glass bottle.
4. Pour into hot milk/coffee and enjoy!
You could also easily adapt this drink to make any flavor of steamed milk you want… imagine all the possibilities!
Until next time, Em 🙂