This is a recipe near and dear to my heart. I drink this whenever I want a flavored drink that isn’t coffee and isn’t tea. A Dublin Fog is steamed milk, concentrated tea, and syrup mixed together. Here’s my favorite recipe!
Recipe Time: Dublin Fog
¼ cup hot water
1 Irish Breakfast tea bag (I use Stash Super Irish Breakfast)
1 cup 2% milk
1 tbsp vanilla syrup
- Take a glass measuring cup and put in ¼ cup of water. Microwave until hot enough for making tea, or use a hot water dispenser.
- Pour the hot water over the tea bag and let steep 3-5 minutes, depending on the strength desired.
- Microwave 1 cup of milk for around 48 seconds, using the glass measuring cup from step one.
- When the tea is done steeping, take the tea bag out and pour in the hot milk.
- Add 1 tbsp (or as much as desired) vanilla syrup. Stir.
Inspired by the London Fog recipe on wikibooks.org
Recipe Time: Vanilla Syrup
1 cup water
1 cup sugar
3/4 tsp vanilla extract (1/2 tsp if a lesser strength is desired)
- Heat the water and sugar over low/medium heat, stirring constantly until the sugar is dissolved.
- Stir in the vanilla extract
- Pour the mixture into a glass jar or bottle and cover. Refrigerate until needed.
Until next time, Em 🙂